Monday, June 18, 2012

God Save the Queen

Monday June 11th

Monday was a public holiday for the Queen's birthday.  Apparently this is the one day that everyone in Australia loves the Queen.  Can't say this American minded the chance to sleep longer in honor of her majesty.  Monday was also Louise Pow's birthday luncheon/ party.  There was some good food and some good conversation centered around healthcare and medical professions that probably bored Em but kept me engaged.  After too much pavlova and strawberries for dessert, we took our leave.  Before dinner, Sarah, Sarah's boyfriend Dan, Laura, and I went and played some squash.  I worked up quite a sweat but am embarrassed to say that I dropped all three games to Dan.  Had a good time anyway.  It's really great being able to have a homestay family, it really allows me to get immersed in everyday Australian life and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment