Monday, June 18, 2012

Back at it

Tuesday June 12th

I went to Del Monte Primary school, specifically to Alex Zhara's third year class.  Mr. Zhara was an excellent teacher, patient and attentive to his students' needs while also challenging them to behave and perform up to there potential.  Mostly, I just observed but at points I helped with projects or answered questions about America.  Overall, I just had fun being with the kids.  So many questions! "why are you here?" "how old are you?" "do you have a girlfriend?"  "how old is she?"  "are you going to marry her?"  "what's your middle name?" "do you have brothers and sisters?"  "how old are they?"  It was rapid fire, but I got a kick out of it. 

For Dinner, Em and I went back over to Santa Sabina for the Veritas Dinner.  It entailed a meal with about 30 people associated somehow with the Dominicans as well as a discussion led by one of the Sisters.  I had some very delicious lasagna and heaps of dessert but better than that was the discussion of the idea of "New Church" and signs of hope for the future.  We discussed the idea that the Church is calling more on Lay ministry and specifically women lay ministry and how there is hope in some places from an infusion of youth and vitality.  Interesting Topic, if anyone reading has any thoughts, I'd be more than happy to discuss.

1 comment:

  1. Did you tell the kids your middle name is Bartholomew?

    ReplyDelete